The full scale Draco started with a Wilga 2000, replacing its Lycoming O-540 piston engine with a Pratt & Whitney PT6A-28 turboprop boasting about twice the power at half the weight. Many additional modifications followed before Mike Patey proudly unveiled his "ultimate bush plane". It could go to the same places as a Carbon Cub, but also climb twice as fast; reach altitudes up to 28,000 feet; and cruise cross-country at 180 MPH while carrying four people plus gear. Changes from the Wilga were so extensive that the FAA approved Mike's redesign as an experimental exhibition aircraft.
Inspired by the incredible ingenuity and effort Mike Patey put into building the full-sized aircraft, E-flite offers the only officially-licensed scale replica of the ultimate bush plane! The amazing DRACO 2.0m is one of the most highly-engineered, detailed and feature-rich RC models ever produced. Beyond its complex design and the accurate shape of its fully-moulded, lightweight and durable EPO airframe with a factory-applied finish, it also features an abundance of Extra Scale details including a variety of surface features, steps, antennas, wingtip "stinger" skids, and much more. The clear windshield and windows offer an excellent view of the detailed cockpit with pilot figure and backlit instrument panel. Functional Extra Scale features include licensed, scale-like KING shocks on the main gear and tail wheel, leading-edge slats, slotted flaps and more. There are also a total of 17 LEDs throughout the airframe - with a custom controller that allows you to select solid, strobing and other light combination options from your transmitter. Oversized, tundra-style tyres on the custom-made carbon fibre main gear soak up bumps and provide excellent prop clearance, while the shock-absorbing and steerable tailwheel offers improved ground handling - even when taxiing backward with the optional-use motor reversing (compatible Smart receiver and 7+ channel transmitter required for reversing).
Factory-installed, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped and internal linkages deliver crisp, precise control. The high-power brushless outrunner motor can drive the scale 4-blade propeller with a wide range of 4000-7000mAh batteries, from a 4S pack for slow and smooth scale flight to 6S power for better-than-scale vertical performance. It's also equipped with a 100-amp Spektrum Avian Smart ESC, and the BNF Basic version includes an AR637TA Smart receiver that delivers full-range telemetry including real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM, ESC temperature, and more to compatible AirWareT equipped transmitters. And even with its large-scale size and feature-packed design, the DRACO 2.0m can be flight-ready in less time than it takes to charge a battery! No tools are required for field assembly/disassembly because the two-piece wing is secured with quarter-turn thumbscrews. Best of all, if you've mastered flying at least one or two previous RC aircraft you can fly the DRACO 2.0m successfully, especially when taking advantage of the BNF Basic version's exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE Select technologies. And it all adds up to offer an unmatched STOL (Short Take Off and Landing), scale and beyond flying experience unlike any other!
The Plug-N-Play (PNP) version lets experienced modelers choose and use their own transmitter, receiver, battery and charger. The Bind-N-Fly (BNF) Basic version includes a Spektrum receiver equipped with AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies so intermediate to experienced modelers can use their own transmitter, battery and charger.
- The ultimate bush plane for an unmatched STOL, scale and beyond flying experience
- The only officially-licensed scale replica of the one-of-a-kind DRACO by Mike Patey
- One of the most highly-engineered, detailed and feature-rich E-flite aircraft to date
- Extra Scale details including an abundance of moulded-in surface features, steps, antennas, wingtip skids, and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including licensed KING shocks on the main gear and tail wheel, leading-edge slats, slotted flaps, and more
- 17 total LEDs including navigation, landing, down, tail beacon, reversing and other lights with adjustable light controller
- Clear windshield and windows plus a detailed cockpit with backlit instrument panel and pilot figure
- Factory-installed, high-power 4S- to 6S-compatible brushless motor with large diameter 4-blade prop
- Fits batteries from 4000-7000mAh to provide a wide range of performance and flight times up to 10-15+ minutes
- 100-amp Spektrum Avian Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current draw, motor RPM, and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Optional-use motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities with compatible 7+ channel transmitters
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic Only)
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Six factory-installed metal-geared servos with internal, ball-link equipped linkages
- Large and convenient, magnetically-secured top hatch with large battery compartment
- Shock-equipped and steerable tailwheel for improved forward and reverse ground handling
- Scale-like articulated and shock-absorbing main landing gear with oversized tundra-style tyres
- Custom-made and fully-moulded carbon fibre gear to handle short takeoffs from and landings on a variety of surfaces
- Two-piece wing with quarter-turn thumbscrews plus V2 hands-free servo connection system for quick and easy assembly/disassembly
- Durable, fully-moulded EPO airframe with carbon fibre and wood reinforcement throughout
- Factory-applied paint plus decal finish looks great and saves time
- Easy final assembly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
Versatile Power System
The factory-installed Spektrum Avian 100-amp Smart ESC and high-power brushless outrunner motor can drive the large-diameter four-blade propeller with a wide range of batteries. Install a 4S battery for slow and smooth scale flying, a 5S battery for added power, or a 6S battery to deliver better-than-scale vertical performance.
Extra Scale Detail
The DRACO 2.0m features an abundance of Extra Scale details including moulded-in panel lines, hatches and other surface features, steps, antennas, wingtip skids, and much more. A clear windshield and windows plus a detailed cockpit with backlit instrument panel and pilot figure add to the incredible scale appearance.
Functional Scale Features
Licensed, scale-like KING shocks on the main gear and tail wheel, leading-edge slats, slotted flaps and more are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level.
There are a total of 17 LEDs throughout the airframe to simulate navigation, landing, down, tail beacon, reversing and other lights. They're connected to a custom light controller with different settings you can control from the transmitter to choose which lights turn on and off with various functions, glow solid, strobe and more.
Construction with fully-moulded EPO material makes it possible to replicate the complex details and shapes of the full-scale DRACO in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience, plus the factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped, internal linkages deliver crisp and precise control.
What's in the Box?
(1) E-flite DRACO 2.0m:
(1) 100A Spektrum Avian Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(6) Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (BNF Basic Only)
(1) Product Manual
BNF Basic Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6-8+ channel Spektrum DSMX compatible transmitter
- 4S 14.8V to 6S 22.2V 4000-7000mAh LiPo with EC5 or IC5 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger