Just when you thought foamie trainers couldn’t get any more crash proof, Multiplex ups the bar by taking the time-honoured EasyStar configuration, reproducing it in impact resistant EPP, and giving it a crazy name.
Well, two out of three isn’t bad, and what the FunnyStar lost in the nomenclature phase of its development it more than makes up for in performance, good design and traditional Multiplex quality.
Beginners will love it for its ease of construction, beautifully stable and forgiving flying characteristics and utter convenience, whilst old hands will enjoy its simplicity, its chill factor and the opportunity to reacquaint themselves with the pleasures of basic, controlled flight.
Speaking of simplicity, since the FunnyStar is a 3-channel design, Multiplex has been able to engineer a toolless wing removal system for ultimate travel and storage convenience.
Funny it certainly isn’t; fun it certainly is.
- Stable and forgiving flying characteristics.
- A perfect introduction to R/C flying.
- Durable beginner-friendly EPP airframe.
- Simple 3-channel control.
- High quality components.
- 2 hour assembly time.
- Time-honoured design.
- 6 minute flight duration.
- Protected rear-facing propeller.
- Easy to hand-launch.
What's in the Box
- 1x Pre-printed EPP airframe parts set.
- 1x wooden wing spar set.
- 1x Linkage and hardware set.
- 1x Comprehensive instruction manual.
Needed to Complete
- 1x 450mAh 2S 30C LiPo.
- 1x 4-channel Tx / Rx combo.
- 1x Multiplex FunnyStar drive set (motor, ESC and propeller).
- 2x Multiplex MS-8510MG servos.
Aircraft Technical Specifications
Weights & Dimensions
Shipping Weight 0.38kg 0.84lbs
Product Wingspan 850mm 33.46in
Completion Level Kit
Experience Level Beginner
Assembly Time 120min
Recommended Usage Environment Outdoor